Add To Favourites
Ali Main (She/Her)
GET TO KNOW ALI.
- What's something that people might not know about you?
- Many people don't know that I play the piano! Growing up, I was the youngest of 5, and I could hardly wait until I got piano lessons (grade 1). I often listened to my sisters practicing, and when they got up from the piano, I'd sit down and repeat what they'd played, fooling my Mom who thought the elder was still practicing. I can play 'by ear' and read music, which has been useful. I sing, and love to harmonize as well, but usually it's a pianist that's needed. Pre-Covid, I played for a trio and sax player. We made our round of N. Shore retirement/care homes, and it was always so rewarding to do that. At some point in the day, the piano calls to me, and that's where you'll find me!
- Do you have a favourite accessory?
- My favourite accessory is a silver chain with a round disc. The letter C is engraved on the disc, Cohen being the name of my 9-year-old grandson. He's on the autistic spectrum, and we're very close, as I've been a big part of his life.
- What was your favourite trip?
When I was 20, a high school girlfriend and I took a term off university, and hitchhiked through Europe. It was such a special time, both growing up, and seeing different ways of living, eating different foods, and seeing so many historical sights. I'd wish an experience like that for every young adult!
- How many languages do you speak?
I also speak German. I couldn't have a political conversation, although I'd probably understand what was being said. My parents had a dairy farm in the Fraser Valley, and were part of a community whose first language was German, so I heard it at home, and in church that we frequented a lot! My older siblings were exposed to English at school, so by the time I was ready for school, I could speak both languages. I had to go to 'German School' on Saturday mornings, which I had mixed feelings about as a youngster. It's been useful when traveling, and although I don't have a chance to speak it often, I'm amazed how much has stuck with me!
Height: 5'9" | Bust: 34 | Waist: 32 | Hips: 40 | Eyes: Blue | Hair: White | Shoes: 9.5