Add To Favourites
Aspasia Goundouvas (She/Her)
GET TO KNOW ASPASIA.
- One thing people might not know about you?
- I am a student at Simon Fraser University! I am majoring in French and minoring in Psychology with the hopes of becoming a French immersion elementary school teacher. I am also planning on getting a certificate in Hellenic studies at SFU. Hellenic studies refers to the study of Greek language, mythology and ancient civilizations. However, my all-time favorite subject is psychology because it helps me better understand myself and the people around me.
- What is one thing people might find strange/different about you?
- I suppose my hobbies could be considered uncommon… I really enjoy knitting, sewing, painting and journaling. Fine motor activities are very relaxing to me; they help me practice mindfulness. I have kept journals since I was very young, writing out my thoughts has always helped me make sense of them. Painting is also very therapeutic and fulfilling; I have gone through many artbooks over the years. My grandma used to be a seamstress, one Christmas she gifted me a sewing machine and taught me how to use it. Likewise, my mom taught me how to knit. Kitting dish towels during COVID-19, and giving them out to our older friends who were trapped at home, really helped me get through lockdown.
- What was your favorite trip you’ve taken and why?
- In the summer of 2019, I moved to Lyon France for three months to work as an Au Pair. An Au Pair is similar to a nanny; I lived in a home with a family, helping them take care of their children. It was a very unique experience and a great opportunity to utilize my French language skills! Once my Au Pair duties had been completed, I travelled all over Europe, making new friends along the way. My final destination was Greece, where I got to spend quality time with my grandparents and cousins. I really cherish that trip, I learnt so much about myself and the world around me.
- How many languages do you speak and why?
- I speak three languages: Greek, French and English! My parents immigrated from Greece, and as a result, I grew up speaking Greek within my home. I learnt French through school. I have been in the French Immersion Program my whole life. In fact, I am currently majoring in French at Simon Fraser University to become a French teacher myself! And finally, I can speak English since it is the dominant language in BC, where I was born and raised. Being trilingual is a very interesting experience, I have a different language for different parts of my life: Greek at home, French at school and English everywhere else!
Height: 5'8.1/2" | Bust: 31 | Waist: 24 | Hips: 35 | Eyes: Hazel | Hair: Dark Blonde | Shoes: 8